• TENS is not a medication, is non-invasive and has no harmful side effects when used appropriately.
• TENS is used for pain management and muscle stimulation. TENS does not cure the disease process causing the pain. Pain may serve as a protective mechanism, and can be an important clinical symptom.
• TENS may interfere with the use of Electronic medical devices. Eg pacemakers. (Please refer to your clinician for additional information)
• The TENS device must be OFF before connecting or removing cables or electrodes attached to your skin.
• TENS should not be used to alleviate an undiagnosed pain syndrome, until your clinician has established its cause.
• TENS devices can affect the operation of cardiac pacemakers if placed incorrectly on your body.
• The FREELADY should not be used for ovulation pain (mid-cycle pain)
• The FREELADY should not be used while fertility problems are being evaluated, diagnosed or treated.
• The FREELADY should not be used during pregnancy or delivery and preferably not during breast feeding.
• If you have any concerns regarding the use of TENS for your situation, consult your clinician.
• Prolonged stimulation and placement of electrodes on the same area of skin may cause skin irritation.
• Consult your clinician prior to commencement of treatment.