What is included with the FREELADY TENS?
- 1 x FREELADY TENS device
- 1 x set of electrodes
- 1 x cable
- 50 x TENS skin preparation wipes
- 3 x AAA Alkaline batteries
- 1 x protective zip bag
- 1 x instruction manual/guide
It is important to understand that the FREELADY TENS device and electrodes included with the pack are not waterproof and will be compromised with excessive exposure to heat so please store the pack in a cool location.
Types of Menstrual Pain
During menstruation, the intensity, character and location of pain varies – thus affecting the extent to which menstrual pain influences each woman’s physical and emotional well-being. Moreover, menstrual pain is not the same each and every month, and of course, menstrual pain also varies from woman to woman.
Despite these variables there are at least three distinct categories of menstrual pain that are usually differentiated and identified among most women.
• The first, referred pain – is a clear, well-defined pain, whose location is relatively easy to pinpoint. This type of pain (regardless of its location, intensity and sharpness), is characterised by the fact that practically every woman can isolate and identify “the field of pain” on her body – that is, define and point to its location and boundaries on her body’s surface.
• The second, radiating pain – branches out and affects parts of the body far removed from the source of pain. The areas typically affected include the hips or thighs, the lower back and/or waist, sometimes reaching as far as the shoulders and neck.
• The third is a dull, distant, hard to define pain that is extremely difficult to pinpoint accurately, and is accompanied by a feeling of heaviness, pressure and overall discomfort. Most woman can identify “the field of pain” belonging to the first category of “referred pain”. The pain is strong and sharp and is felt on the surface (the skin). This is the target area that the FREELADY aims at treating.
- Simple to use, non-invasive and drug free
- Place on a belt or attached to your briefs. When not in use, it can be carried in your pocket or in a handbag.
- Comfortable and unobtrusive under your clothes.
- “Set and Forget” stimulation settings. No need to continuously control the intensity.
- Initiates the action of the body’s own natural pain relieving mechanisms
- Provide a background level of ‘distraction’ to which any other form of analgesia may be added if required
- Use at home or work but must be removed prior to a shower, bath etc.
- Allows you to be fully mobile and manage your pain.
- Easily discontinued at any time